Department of Administration
Provide efficient responsible management of funds, resources and personnel to ensure the prompt delivery of quality service.
- Execute the vision of the Mayor and City Council
- Direct the day to day operations of the City, serving fourteen thousand citizens
- Direct the personnel management of one hundred employees
- Develop strategic and capital improvement plans
- Develop and maintain the official City records
Department of Public Works
Design, build and maintain adequate infrastructure. Provide prompt, efficient services to include the manufacture and delivery of quality drinking water, and the treatment of wastewater.
- Water and Waste Water Treatment Plants
- Associated Distribution and Collection Systems
- Parks, Streets, Sidewalks, Storm Water Collection Systems
- Solid Waste and Recycling
- Public Land and Buildings
- Capital Projects
Department of Finance
Provide a centralized financial management function to assure fiscal control and judicious use of the City’s financial resources. The Department of Finance is responsible for the timely and accurate recording of all the City’s financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices.
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Water and Sewer Billing and Collection
- Tax Billing and Collection
- Investment Management
- Debt Management
Planning and Zoning
To preserve, protect and enhance the physical and built environment for its’ historic heritage and for the prosperity of present and future generations and all those who live, work and visit within this unique Chesapeake Bay community.
- Zoning Regulations
- Building Codes
- Building Permits
- Land Development/Subdivision
- Property Maintenance
- Utility Inspection
- Chesapeake Bay Critical Area Management
- Floodplain Management
- Wetlands and Forest Conservation
- Residential Rental Registration
The fundamental mission of the Havre de Grace Police Department is to protect life and property and enforce the law in a fair and impartial manner. The Department will further strive to preserve the peace and assure all constitutional guarantees in an effort to sustain the highest quality of life possible for our citizens and visitors. Visit our page for more information.
- Community Policing
- Traffic Safety
- K-9 Unit
- Landlord Training Program
- Bike Unit