City of Havre de Grace Weekly Briefing:
Week of Monday, July 10, 2017.
Department of Administration:
- July 17: City Council Meeting – 7:00 p.m at City Hall, 711 Pennington Ave. This will not be an off-site Council Meeting as referenced in Resolution 2017-03.
Department of Public Works:
- BGE will continue to replace old gas lines with new throughout the City. There will be brief disruptions in traffic. Please watch for signage. Call Mr. Tristan Matthews of BGE at 410-598-2119 should you have any questions.
- The new trash/recycle collection schedule has gotten off to a great start! Need more information? View schedule. or call City Hall at 410-939-1800 – we’re happy to help!
- July 15: Harford Healthy Streams – Summer Adventure Poker Run. View More Info.
- A new public service video featuring HdG Middle School students and Mayor Martin was released last week illustrating the negative effects Fats, Oils, Grease and the so called “Flushable” products have on city pipes. View Video.
- Free Home and/or Business Security Survey available by calling the Police Department at (410) 939-2121 to make an appointment.
- Discard unwanted, expired, unused prescription or over the counter medications in the Drug Deposit Box which is located outside front entrance to the Police Department.
- The Havre de Grace Summer Safety Camps will be held on July 17th-20th, July 24th-27th, and July 31st-August 3, 2017 for elementary and middle school children.
- National Night out will be held August 1, 2017 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. View More Info.
- Tax bills were mailed 7/1/17. If you have not received your bill, please contact Resa Laird @ 410-939-1800 X 1110 or @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tax payments are due
– 1st semi-annual payment or Annual – September 30,2017
– 2nd semi-annual payment – December 31, 2017
- Questions or payments on any City bill can be directed to Donna Waller @ 410-939-1800 x 1113 or by email at email@example.com
- Register for Water/Sewer E-billing – Click Here.
- Taxes and Water/Sewer payments can be made online, by mail, or at City Hall. Also, for your convenience after hours, payments can be dropped in the secure payment box next to the front doors at City Hall.
- Water/Sewer Late notices were mailed on Friday 7/7/17. Having trouble paying your bill by the notice date, please contact Donna @ 410-939-1800 x 1113 to work a payment arrangement.
- Water Turn Off for non-payment will be on Tuesday 7/18/17.
- Chris Barber Shop has relocated to 101 North Washington Street. A grand opening was held Friday, July 7, 2017.
Office of Tourism:
- July 11: Healthy People/Healthy Parks from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m at Veterans Park. View More Info.
- July 12: Summer Concert Series at The Maritime Museum from 7:00 p.m – 9:00 p.m. View More Info.
- July 13: Kid’s Summer Story Time at The Maritime Museum from 10: 15 a.m – 12:00 p.m. View More Info.
- July 13: Thursday Night Sailboat Races starting at 6:15 p.m. View More Info.
- July 14: Summer Concerts in the Park- Mambo Combo beginning at 7:30 p.m. View More Info.
- July 15: Havre de Grace Farmer’s Market from 9:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m. View More Info.
- July 15: Christmas in July at the American Legion from 9:00 am – 3:00 p.m. View More Info.
Non-City Government Community Meetings:
- July 20: UM Upper Chesapeake Health – Vision 2020 Community Meeting. 6-7:30 pm at the Havre de Grace Library, 120 N. Union Avenue, Havre de Grace, MD 21078 a casual information session with Lyle Sheldon and other members of the UM UCH leadership team to answer your questions on their plans to transform health care in northeastern Maryland. View More Info.